Who We Are
- Licensed Therapists and Experienced Staff
- Sliding Scale Fees
- Insurance Filing, including Medicaid
- Specialized Free Services
- Convenient Hours
- Convenient Location
In today's society, children, individuals and families face difficulties and hurdles. Family Services offers trained professionals to help you through difficult situations. The trained providers at Family Services are able to assist in the following ways:
- Prevent everyday problems from becoming more serious.
- Provide a confidential place where you can talk without fear of being judged.
- Give you and your family a chance to discover more about yourselves and each other.
- Empower you for greater success at home, school and work.
- Guide you in communicating with others so that you can hear and be heard.
- Teach you new ways to cope with difficulties.
- Help you plan for the future so that new problems will not seem overwhelming.
- Everyone has worth.
- Individuals and families can change.
- People have the right to choose and the responsibility to accept the consequences of their choices.
- We are all accountable for our own actions.
- We will provide quality services in a timely manner to all appropriate clients, regardless of their race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or ability to pay.
- We meet clients and begin our work where they are.
- Helping people requires effective communication and collaboration among agencies in order to provide comprehensive services that are not overly intrusive or bureaucratic.
- Our staff is our most valuable resource. We strive to create an environment that provides the opportunity for career success and satisfaction.
- We are committed to being good stewards of the gifts provided by our patrons and sponsors. We will work to maximize their return and impact on our community.
With the combined strength of two organizations, Youth and Family Counseling Service and Davidson County Domestic Violence, Family Services has 20 years of experience in providing service to Davidson County residents.
Family Services remains dedicated to meeting our community's future needs through the expansion of our current programs, the initiation of new programs, and the assurance that our caring and comprehensive services are available to all individuals and families in Davidson County.
Family Services is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services.